🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute question
Page options
duskoavramovski
Community Member

Dispute question

Never before I have had dispute so this is new to me. I just received some notification to accept or reject dispute. In the letter is nothing but case details and my message. No decision. I should accept the dispute?

10 REPLIES 10
robin_hyman
Community Member

Dusko A wrote:

Never before I have had dispute so this is new to me. I just received some notification to accept or reject dispute. In the letter is nothing but case details and my message. No decision. I should accept the dispute?

Was there a solution? 

JoanneP

Hi Dusko,

I checked and it looks like you filed the dispute againsts your client. To learn more about disputes, please check out this thread. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Just ignore the "Reject" and "Accept" buttons. They are a User-Interface mistake.

Petra R wrote:

Just ignore the "Reject" and "Accept" buttons. They are a User-Interface mistake.

That is raised here constantly and undoubtedly the source of much confusion and many interactions with CS that don't make it to the forums--hard to understand why this isn't corrected, or at least some explanatory text added.

It's really confusing and it's a part of the room Upwork creates for the client and the freelancer to just go at it. A trouble ticket is also created. THAT's what matters. That's what the dispute person will work with. Don't even bother with that room. You can completely ignore it. The only thing that matters is the email/trouble ticket created when a dispute is initiated. Just respond to the dispute person. The client can rant in that room all day and nobody will read it.

So... I filed a Dispute a couple of days ago and I'm not sure what am I supposed to do next, I went through various FAQ's and things like that but I can't clearly understand what I should be doing.

1-Filed dispute

2-Stays there, nothing happens

3-Should I ¨Accept¨ my own dispute ?

It says ¨By clicking Accept Dispute button below, you are authorizing Upwork to release the disputed amount of $10 to undefined¨ but I'm not the client!

Image attached

You are not alone in being confused.

This screen is one of the most confusing things on Upwork, and that's saying something.

Don't click "Accept" or "Cancel."

Instead, dismiss this using the "X" close box.

So I just have to ignore and don't click either of them. I thought If i don't go accept the dispute will be cancelled.

Dusko A wrote:

So I just have to ignore and don't click either of them.

Correct.

Dusko A wrote:

I thought If i don't go accept the dispute will be cancelled.

Nope. Relax and don't worry.

Hi Dusko and others,

We apologize for the confusion and thank you for sharing your experience in the Community. Wanted to confirm we shared similar feedback we received before with our team, who is working on updating the flow but we don't have any news at the moment.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths