cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute question

Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 11

Never before I have had dispute so this is new to me. I just received some notification to accept or reject dispute. In the letter is nothing but case details and my message. No decision. I should accept the dispute?

Community Leader
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
2 of 11

Dusko A wrote:

Never before I have had dispute so this is new to me. I just received some notification to accept or reject dispute. In the letter is nothing but case details and my message. No decision. I should accept the dispute?

Was there a solution? 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3 of 11

Hi Dusko,

I checked and it looks like you filed the dispute againsts your client. To learn more about disputes, please check out this thread. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 11

Just ignore the "Reject" and "Accept" buttons. They are a User-Interface mistake.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 11

Petra R wrote:

Just ignore the "Reject" and "Accept" buttons. They are a User-Interface mistake.

That is raised here constantly and undoubtedly the source of much confusion and many interactions with CS that don't make it to the forums--hard to understand why this isn't corrected, or at least some explanatory text added.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 11

It's really confusing and it's a part of the room Upwork creates for the client and the freelancer to just go at it. A trouble ticket is also created. THAT's what matters. That's what the dispute person will work with. Don't even bother with that room. You can completely ignore it. The only thing that matters is the email/trouble ticket created when a dispute is initiated. Just respond to the dispute person. The client can rant in that room all day and nobody will read it.

Ace Contributor
Jerónimo Oscar A Member Since: Jul 23, 2019
7 of 11

So... I filed a Dispute a couple of days ago and I'm not sure what am I supposed to do next, I went through various FAQ's and things like that but I can't clearly understand what I should be doing.

1-Filed dispute

2-Stays there, nothing happens

3-Should I ¨Accept¨ my own dispute ?

It says ¨By clicking Accept Dispute button below, you are authorizing Upwork to release the disputed amount of $10 to undefined¨ but I'm not the client!

Image attached

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 11

You are not alone in being confused.

This screen is one of the most confusing things on Upwork, and that's saying something.

Don't click "Accept" or "Cancel."

Instead, dismiss this using the "X" close box.

Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
9 of 11

So I just have to ignore and don't click either of them. I thought If i don't go accept the dispute will be cancelled.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 11

Dusko A wrote:

So I just have to ignore and don't click either of them.

Correct.

Dusko A wrote:

I thought If i don't go accept the dispute will be cancelled.

Nope. Relax and don't worry.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS