cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute winning and losing, which one will affect JSS?

travenluc
Sun L Member Since: Oct 6, 2015
1 of 3

If I open a dispute with a client, I wonder which one will affect Job Success rate?

If I win? I believe my rate will be same. Right? Or it will be lower because of dispute?
What if I lose, will my Job success rate will be lower?

What if I already get half paid for a project, but at the end I lose?

What about hourly rate project, client ask few hours refund this week, will my Job success rate go down?

THANKS

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 3

Sun - I may be wrong, but I don't think  that winning or losing a dispute affects your JSS. It's more like your feedback, both public and private affect it more. Also, if you have a lot of jobs with no feedback. that also affects your feedback.

As for your statement about the client on an hourly job, asking for a refund. A client can only Dispute any manual hours you entered  or screenshots that the tracker took that show you weren't working on the job but instead were reading your emails, watching funny youtube videos or playing games. etc. For hourly jobs, you're paid for the hours you work which is shown on the Tracker screenshots. Clients can't dispute that 

prachi163
Community Guru
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
3 of 3

The outcome of a dispute will almost always have some kind of indirect impact on the JSS.

If after the dispute, the FL refunds everything (no money paid on the contract ever), the JSS is badly impacted.

Even if after the dispute the client agrees for letting the FL keep the paid money, you can be sure the feedback won't be good. So again, JSS is badly impacted.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS