🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute with Client
Page options
ahern-keara
Community Member

Dispute with Client

I have been having problems with my client, we have been in communication for over 2 months at this point. He reached out to me and asked me to submit a proposal.  I have provided work in the proposal stage and have thoroughly explained to him what the process would be like going forward. We agreed the work would take about 30 hours as he stated in the description for the job. Once he finally made an offer, I accepted, and it was for 2 hours a week, so I downloaded all the applicable software from Upwork to make sure I was prepared to work in the way that he specifically set out. The first week after the contract had started and I had logged the first two hours he got really confused and angry at me for sending him a bill? Of which I have zero control over, it is how he set up the payment method. This was last Monday, May 11th when he submitted a dispute against me for not responding within less than two hours of him sending me a message (we also live in two completely different time zones). From the conversation, we had that day he told me he wasn’t going paying me for the work I had already done and wanted to change the terms of the contract to a lump sum payout. Well, it has been a week since I responded back to him giving him the lump sum amount that would work for me and he has yet to respond. From the way he was talking I don’t believe he ever intended on paying me as he gawked when he got the first $50 bill. I have been trying to find a way to file a dispute against him, but it seems like clients have a lot more control than freelancers. I want this dealt with because if he was trying to do this to me, I have no doubt he will continue with someone else.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Here is a basic concept: You hire me, and then you pay me.

Clueless Client: "I don't understand."

Keira: I am sorry you encountered such a being.

You had an hourly contract, so there really is no way for you, as a freelancer, to file a dispute.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members