🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute with Client
Page options
b57c7d64
Community Member

Dispute with Client

Hello,

I have a complaint against the client. I won't mentioned his name here just because of privacy concerns. He made the hourly contract and told me to do the project in a specific software. I acknowledged and started the project. While doing the project I checked the files he provided are not complete, it had missing information to which I had to use a certain software to clean the geometry and then again I started to do the project in the specified software as described by him. Even before sending him the actual files he started disputing it with me that I have used another software so he won't be paying etc etc. Actually he also threaten me that I won't get away with it. You can also check the chat. I would like to dispute this and would like my money given to me. He keep saying that he'll dispute it, but uptil now he hasn't. Is there any official way of making this dispute?

Thank you.

Regards,

Abdullah

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for following up with the clarification. On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. You have logged the hours this week for your contract, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client's review next week and they'll have until Friday to file a dispute. If they do, we update you via email and a notification in your Upwork account. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

It looks like you have already approved the refund from Escrow. Please communicate with the client directly to try and resolve any issues amicably. You can check out Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions for more information, including the Escrow Dispute Assistance Policy.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b57c7d64
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

That was another project, I am talking about the hourly one. 

Regards,

Abdullah

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for following up with the clarification. On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. You have logged the hours this week for your contract, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client's review next week and they'll have until Friday to file a dispute. If they do, we update you via email and a notification in your Upwork account. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Abdullah:
I understand your frustration with this client.

But as this is an hourly contract, there is just no way to proactively file a "dispute."

Let's hope that the client doesn't complain about anything. If he does: Understand that it is different an a fixed-price contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members