🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute with a client now requires a mediator...
Page options
maureenmo
Community Member

Dispute with a client now requires a mediator, how do I get one

Hi,

A client is accusing me of tampering with the Upwork timer and billing him too many hours.  He has refused to pay me.  He filed a dispute complaint, I have stated my case and provided him with screen shots of our conversation.  He is accusing me of being a scammer and threatening to report me so that I am blocked from all freelancing platforms. How do I get a mediator on Upwork to handle this situation?

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Maureen,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you so much. I am grateful.

Maureen
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Maureen,

No client can get you blocked from Upwork, much less "all freelancing platforms." Only your own actions can make that happen.

If your client refuses to make full payment for your properly booked hours using TimeTracker, then he will be unable to get Upwork to agree you should not be paid in full for those hours.

If he files a refund request, an Upwork employee will review your TimeTracker-tracked hours of the past 30 days and delete any that do not meet the rules for TimeTracker (e.g. sufficient mouse and/or keyboard activity during each tracked 10-minute period, meaningful memos) of which there should be none if you have used TimeTracker correctly.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the information.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: “How do I get a mediator on Upwork to handle this situation?”

You do not need a mediator. You don’t need help from Upwork. You just need to gain a better understanding of how things work on Upwork. You can do that here in the Forum.

Basically, the client is full of hot air. He is either a silly person with silly thoughts, or he is pretending to have silly thoughts in order to manipulate you.

If you are using the Upwork desktop time-tracker properly and qualifying for Payment Protection, you will be paid for your work.

If you have questions, ask your questions here.

Thanks you are right about him being full of hot air and I did use the time tracker. He is claiming that I  tampered with it, how someone does that is a mystery to me.  So what now, how does this dispute get resolved.

re: “So what now, how does this dispute get resolved.”

Forum Moderator Nikola said that the situation was referred to a Support team.

You may simply need to wait to hear from Upwork.

I don’t know of anything that you can do right now.

If we are fortunate, the Support team may simply look at this client’s complaint about “tampering” and tell the client that nobody tampered with the software, and that will be the end of it.

Thank you very much.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members