🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute with client
Page options
davasryan
Community Member

Dispute with client

Hi,
So I have been working with a client recently and did what was asked in the job posting and much more he had no complaints. And than after a fee weeks of not responding I wrote him and he said that he wanted it done in another language and he is not going to pay me. The pay is not as important to me as success rate if thats going to be affected I don't know what to do.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

David, when I finish working on a fixed-price contract milestone, I immediately click the green Submit Work / Request button.

If "a few weeks" go by with no response or action from the client, then I have already received all money in escrow, because Upwork releases it automatically.

And I close a contract myself if the client disappears.

If a client completely disappeared and then showed up weeks later and asked me to do the project in another language, then the client would not have much leverage (or any!) to make such a silly request.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Davit A wrote:

So I have been working with a client recently and did what was asked in the job posting and much more he had no complaints. And than after a fee weeks of not responding I wrote him and he said that he wanted it done in another language and he is not going to pay me. The pay is not as important to me as success rate if thats going to be affected I don't know what to do.

Talk to the client and explain that you did what was asked. If they want it in a different language, that is a new project and a new contract and has nothing to do with you or the work you were contracted to do and did.

The contract is fixed rate, so there is money in Escrow. If the client is asking for those Escrow funds back, you can dispute.

prestonhunter
Community Member

David, when I finish working on a fixed-price contract milestone, I immediately click the green Submit Work / Request button.

If "a few weeks" go by with no response or action from the client, then I have already received all money in escrow, because Upwork releases it automatically.

And I close a contract myself if the client disappears.

If a client completely disappeared and then showed up weeks later and asked me to do the project in another language, then the client would not have much leverage (or any!) to make such a silly request.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths