🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute with client
Page options
df1102ce
Community Member

Dispute with client

Client wanted more services than paid for, and also wanted only his training programs posted on social media. 

Texting me capital letters and basically treating like his employee. 

!0 days to the end of October I told him to look for a replacement so we end engagement end of the month. 

Even though I posted on his social media till the end of the month, he is asking for refund.

Is are my options please.

Beatrice

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Don’t give him a refund.

He has no business asking for a refund.

He is behaving in an unprovoked, unethical, and immoral manner.

What you need to do next is do everything possible to ensure the best possible outcomes for yourself.

Was this an hourly or fixed-price contract?

Is the contract open or closed right now?

How much money in total did this client pay you?

Can you confirm if this is true:

The client is asking you for a refund, while simultaneously asking you to continue working for him?

Thanks for the reply.

Contract was per project.

He paid $175 for post on 5 platforms

I also sent his emails as well.

Just when I started I didnt know pricing and he tried to milk it:)

re: "...he is asking for refund... He paid $175 for post on 5 platforms"

So you have already received all the money?

It sounds like he is refund request is nothing more than a request, with no power behind it.

Is this a formal dispute? Or a request through messages?

If the client is simply asking for a refund informally, then we need to be polite. But we don't need to say "yes" to his request.

We should not argue with the client. We should not "defend" ourselves. Because we have not done anything wrong. There is nothing that needs to be defended.

We should communicate as little as possible with this client. We should say very, very little.

petra_r
Community Member

The client has 30 days from when the last payment has been released to you to file a dispute. If that happens, you need to react.

If the client has, at this point, "only" requested a refund, that can't force you to refund.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members