🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute
Page options
judith-njage
Community Member

Dispute

Hey Comunity, 

I have been on upwork for over 7 months now. I heped out one of clients do a certain paper. After finishing up the work, I didsend it to her. She later argued that my work was not too good and it needed some rework from her side. I agreed to her rework terms. One of the terms was that she was only gig to pay for half of the initially agreed amount. She then approved the milestone. Two weeks later, she has requested for a refund. I am feeling like this is a scam. Please help me admin. (More so, I can't find the dispute icon for this project)

Njage

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Njage:

That client sounds like a very bad person.

Don't agree to give her a refund. She's just trying to get work for free.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
prestonhunter
Community Member

Njage:

Preston H wrote:

Njage:

On the other hand, her forum post and profile are riddled with mistakes, which is not acceptable for a writer. On the third hand (ha!) the client knew that when he hired her, so I'm torn .... I say split in the middle and pray for good feedback. 

Martina P wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Njage:

her hand, her forum post and profile are riddled with mistakes, which is not acceptable for a writer. On the third hand (ha!) the client knew that when he hired her,

The client probably also expected a native English speaker located in the USA.

mtngigi
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Njage:

her hand, her forum post and profile are riddled with mistakes, which is not acceptable for a writer. On the third hand (ha!) the client knew that when he hired her,

I guess I need to go back to school for geography. I've always thought Washington state was only an hour behind me. It appears to have moved to another continent.

Virginia F wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Njage:

I guess I need to go back to school for geography. I've always thought Washington state was only an hour behind me. It appears to have moved to another continent.

It's called Alternative Geography.

I flagged this one. Let's see if they do anything. Last one took 24 hours for them to figure it out.

Phyllis G wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Njage:

It's called Alternative Geography.

That's one way to describe it - the other way would be "edited for community guidelines".

Hey. Thanks for your concern above native speakers. Well, I will be glad to verify my account again and again. I used my phone to post this. Do you think I could be writing novels for people if I wasn’t a native speaker ? Sorry but you were a little bit harsh on me.
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

I'm a professional editor, author and publishing consultant.

I make a lot of money correcting manuscripts from clients that hired amateurs that scammed them.

Your profile has numerous misspellings. Phones are not an excuse for that.

Good luck to you.

Preston H wrote:

Njage:

I disagree. It sounds to me like the client and FL agreed to half the original fee, then the client approved the whole milestone and is possibly now seeking a refund of half?

That said, I trust Jennifer's and Petra's radar when it comes to scammers. (I don't have time to go look for myself, I'm busy counseling a drama princess on another thread.)

Phyllis G wrote:

(I don't have time to go look for myself, I'm busy counseling a drama princess on another thread.)

You owe me a new keyboard.

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

(I don't have time to go look for myself, I'm busy counseling a drama princess on another thread.)

I'll swap you one for an UW mug.

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

I swap you a mug for a BA in Literature from a university that doesn't offer such a degree and a Kenyan timezone while claiming to live in the USA.

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

I swap you a mug for a BA in Literature from a university that doesn't offer such a degree and a Kenyan timezone while claiming to live in the USA.

Done. Meet me in Google Hangouts to arrange the details.

kat303
Community Member

The only thing right now, is to communicate with the client and see if some type of agreement or compromise can be worked out. You can of course dispute that refund request. but all the Upwork mediator will do is what I just stated. (to try and work out something that both of you would be happy with.) If that can't be achieved, then you'll need to take the dispute to arbitration and that will cost you $291 AND the client also $291 and any decission made would be binding.

Is this client asking for a full refund.? You said youi both agreed to half the payment. Did the client ask for the remaining funds back? 

tlsanders
Community Member

You're a teacher writing student essays for pay? And for $34? And now arguing over $17? 

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding what's happening here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths