cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute

Ace Contributor
Mrityunjay K Member Since: Jul 23, 2018
11 of 24

I did not give any review neither did client.

According to the client, he accepted Upwork offer and did nothing at all(Neither ending the contract or giving a feedback)

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 24

Mrityunjay K wrote:

I did not give any review neither did client.

According to the client, he accepted Upwork offer and did nothing at all(Neither ending the contract or giving a feedback)

He's lying to you then. If you're to rated, yank the review now with the perk. You already know it's bad.

Community Guru
13 of 24

Nope, not what happened at all. The client maybe just doesn't want to own up to kiling the contract and is taking the easy way out.

They left you feedback. You just can't see it until you leave feedback.

Ace Contributor
14 of 24

Thanks Jennifer for replying me.

No, Client has not given any review, he has not touched the contract to end. He was also suprised that Upwork has not contacted me. He thought I agreed with the conditions so he had to agree for the same also. He accepted that filling the complaint was intentional but ending the contract was not.

Community Guru
15 of 24

Mrityunjay K wrote:

Thanks Jennifer for replying me.

No, Client has not given any review, he has not touched the contract to end. He was also suprised that Upwork has not contacted me. He thought I agreed with the conditions so he had to agree for the same also. He accepted that filling the complaint was intentional but ending the contract was not.

The client is either lying to you or you are not understanding. You can't open a dispute without closing the contract. You should have gotten an email if he requested a refund (it's not clear what's going on at this point). YOU have the option to dispute the refund or just let it go. Otherwise, if there is no escrow, he closes the contract and you get notification that it's done. Mediation comes into play when a refund is requested and you refuse the refund.

Mediators don't work weekends. You should have gotten an email that they will contact you within 5 business days if the contract really is in dispute.

eta: you have been reviewed, you just don't see it yet.

Ace Contributor
16 of 24

Is there any difference between complaining about freelancer and raising a dispute?
If yes, then he did complaint because the project was running at that time. 

Nothing was asked to refund, it was an Upwork credit of 600$ which client can use only on Upwork.

I know that my JSS is revised and it is now 80%. I just need to know that after completing two more long-term contracts and getting good review, why I still got a score of 80%(Just because this contract was cancelled by Upwork)?

Does it matter if the project is of 4500$ and it got ended with 3100$?

Community Guru
17 of 24

Mrityunjay K wrote:

Is there any difference between complaining about freelancer and raising a dispute?
If yes, then he did complaint because the project was running at that time. 

Nothing was asked to refund, it was an Upwork credit of 600$ which client can use only on Upwork.

I know that my JSS is revised and it is now 80%. I just need to know that after completing two more long-term contracts and getting good review, why I still got a score of 80%(Just because this contract was cancelled by Upwork)?

Does it matter if the project is of 4500$ and it got ended with 3100$?

Clients are free to complain to CS who will tell them to request a refund. Upwork CANNOT get involved with disbursement of funds other than mediate and try to get you to come to a decision, but then you say there is no escrow or refund request, so then there is nothing to mediate. If he asked for a refund and then you didn't reply, then he automatically gets his funds.

It's very unclear what is going on here, but I'm telling you Upwork did not close the contract. Your client did. I think this is just a scenario of two people who don't understand the system and are just confusing each other. You can look at the workroom and it should say who closed the contract.

But it sounds like you are done with this client and he closed the contract, so there is nothing more to be done. If you see a refund request, then you must respond to it. If you refuse to refund, then it goes into mediation.

It's very likely that your JSS will drop more after this. No, it doesn't matter that a lower amount was paid. That doesn't affect anything.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 24

Jennifer M wrote:

It's very unclear what is going on here, but I'm telling you Upwork did not close the contract.

My guess is (bigwig) Client went raging at Upwork and is some kind of bigtime client with a lot of clout. Client gave Upwork reason to believe that client would win arbitration over the full amount (over 3k) and Upwork gave client a credit to save it going that far.

Upwork then closed contract as unsuccessful, hence the drop in JSS.

(The above is purely an educated guess but fits what the OP says and what his / the agency's profile looks like)

Ace Contributor
19 of 24

Can it be(The JSS) undo and contract will be treated as successful if I file a dispute now and win it.

Jennifer said that my JSS can drop more, this happened 3 days before and my JSS revised today. Will it effect in next JSS evaluation also?

Community Guru
20 of 24

Mrityunjay K wrote:

Can it be(The JSS) undo and contract will be treated as successful if I file a dispute now and win it.

Jennifer said that my JSS can drop more, this happened 3 days before and my JSS revised today. Will it effect in next JSS evaluation also?

Sorry, I didn't realize JSS updated today. It's probably taken its effect already, but if anything good falls out of rotation, it'll feel like it's hitting you harder.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS