Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
11 of 17

Preston H wrote:

Njage:

That client sounds like a very bad person.

Don't agree to give her a refund. She's just trying to get work for free.

I disagree. It sounds to me like the client and FL agreed to half the original fee, then the client approved the whole milestone and is possibly now seeking a refund of half?

That said, I trust Jennifer's and Petra's radar when it comes to scammers. (I don't have time to go look for myself, I'm busy counseling a drama princess on another thread.)

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 17

Phyllis G wrote:

(I don't have time to go look for myself, I'm busy counseling a drama princess on another thread.)

You owe me a new keyboard.

Community Guru
13 of 17

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

(I don't have time to go look for myself, I'm busy counseling a drama princess on another thread.)

I'll swap you one for an UW mug.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 17

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

I swap you a mug for a BA in Literature from a university that doesn't offer such a degree and a Kenyan timezone while claiming to live in the USA.

Community Guru
15 of 17

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

I swap you a mug for a BA in Literature from a university that doesn't offer such a degree and a Kenyan timezone while claiming to live in the USA.

Done. Meet me in Google Hangouts to arrange the details.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
16 of 17

The only thing right now, is to communicate with the client and see if some type of agreement or compromise can be worked out. You can of course dispute that refund request. but all the Upwork mediator will do is what I just stated. (to try and work out something that both of you would be happy with.) If that can't be achieved, then you'll need to take the dispute to arbitration and that will cost you $291 AND the client also $291 and any decission made would be binding.

Is this client asking for a full refund.? You said youi both agreed to half the payment. Did the client ask for the remaining funds back? 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
17 of 17

You're a teacher writing student essays for pay? And for $34? And now arguing over $17? 

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding what's happening here.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS