🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Disputed hours
Page options
138a403f
Community Member

Disputed hours

I went into the dispute with the guy called **Edited for Community Guidelines** in a very unfair manner for the hourly contract $700 in dispute. He disputed 19.20 hours now I’d like to ask community if somebody went to a situation with this guy **Edited for Community Guidelines**?

I went on a project regarding fruits and production and invested many phonecalls and connections approaching the right people and this was a time consuming process then he seems to be unhappy despite very positive feedback. Communication as this are time consuming and tracking is difficult. I started with 23.20 hours until he complained and disputed the remaining time.

I’m considering arbitration and maybe some input from the community would help me probably.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Here are the details regarding the process. I believe the most applicable portion is found at the end of Section 7. https://www.upwork.com/legal#escrow-hourly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Nanne P wrote:

I went into the dispute with (clients name is irrelevant)

I’m considering arbitration and maybe some input from the community would help me probably.

There is no arbitration on hourly contracts. All (!!!) that matters is whether all your hours were:

• tracked with the tracker (no manual time) AND
  • had meaningful work memos AND
  • had adequate activity levels AND
  • all screenshots were showing you working on the contract (not "other stuff")

If ALL the above applies, you win the dispute

If any one (or more) does not apply, the client wins the dispute for any hours that the above does not apply to.

138a403f
Community Member

Thank you for your info very helpful. 

I would like to know the next step to go to court with this guy **Edited for Community Guidelines** if this makes sense. Do you know any successful case? 

petra_r
Community Member

@Nanne P wrote:

Thank you for your info very helpful. 

I would like to know the next step to go to court with this guy **Edited for Community Guidelines** if this makes sense. Do you know any successful case? 

How much of that time didn't qualify?

With you in Thailand and the client in the US any attempt to take him to court, even if you have a case would cost many times what you stand to gain, with a very uncertain outcome.

tlbp
Community Member

Here are the details regarding the process. I believe the most applicable portion is found at the end of Section 7. https://www.upwork.com/legal#escrow-hourly

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths