🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute notification is always show to to...
Page options
mortuza_kabir
Community Member

Disputes was dismiss but icon is showing

Hello admin manager,

Could you please help me how to remove disputes sign from my Id because disputes was dismiss few months ago but showing still now.

Thanks & regards,

Faisal Kabir

18 REPLIES 18
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faisal, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
hermanng
Community Member

Don't hold your breath though, I have the orange dispute dot showing for nearly a year even though there is no dispute and have reported it 10 times - as of today it is still there. Support told me every time it has no effect on my JSS, which I do not believe since they also said it would be fixed which didn't happen.

hermanng
Community Member

For nearly a year now, my UW page shows an orange button for conflict even though there is no conflict. I reported that numerous times and received the same response every time -

The technical team will take care of this and no, it does not affect your JSS. 

The button is still there despite all the promises and I do not believe that it does not affect my JSS since my "customers that will recommend you" score is higher than my JSS score.

It is regrettable that the Upwork team has not deemed it fit to deploy resources to fix the bug you're referring to, a well documented one at that.

Hi Paras, 

Please know that this is a known issue, and the team is working to solve it. I have shared your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hermanng
Community Member

This has been going on for many months and has been affecting JSS as well and now you are giving us the same lame response again?

petra_r
Community Member

Hermann M wrote:

This has been going on for many months and has been affecting JSS as well and now you are giving us the same lame response again?

I completely agree that it should have been fixed along with a bunch of other bugs, but it does not affect your JSS at all.

Even disputes that exist don't affect your JSS, so non-existant disputes certainly can't.

hermanng
Community Member

If that is the case how come I have a higher percentage of clients that would recommend me than my JSS score??

JSS is supposed to be configured by an algorithm - having a dispute, I'm sure is negatively rated so no one can tell me "it does not affect your JSS"

petra_r
Community Member

Hermann M wrote:

If that is the case how come I have a higher percentage of clients that would recommend me than my JSS score??

It is barely any higher. Various possible reasons, The "Clients who would recommend" metric is not updated after every contract, it is updated after every (I don't know the exact number) X contracts, so it may not include the most recent results.

It is also over the lifetime of your profile, whereas the JSS is, at most over the last 2 years. So the results of your first year are included in your "Clients who would recommend" metric, but not your JSS.

Also, contracts that never led to any earning and did not have any (private) feedback, so affect your JSS, but not your "Clients who would recommend" metric

Hermann M wrote:

JSS is supposed to be configured by an algorithm - having a dispute, I'm sure is negatively rated so no one can tell me "it does not affect your JSS"

Disputes do not affect the JSS. The contract outcome where you had the dispute did affect your JSS, because of whatever feedback the client left, not because of the dispute as such.

What affects your JSS negatively is poor feedback (public, but mainly private) and contracts that never lead to any payment if they stay open for months with nothing ever paid or are closed with nothing ever paid (or fully refunded) and no or poor feedback.

What affects your JSS positively is positive feedback (public, but mainly private) and long term / repeat clients.

That's basically it.

Petra R wrote:

Disputes do not affect the JSS. The contract outcome where you had the dispute did affect your JSS, because of whatever feedback the client left, not because of the dispute as such.

I would like to confirm that disputes DO affect the JSS, separately from and at a greater weight than negative feedback.

For example, client ends a contract, and gives 1-star rating (public and private) in the process of ending the contract. This could bring down the JSS of an FL with quite some contracts under his belt by, say 3%.

Client ended contract just before JSS update, and freelancer would notice the effect on their JSS.

When funds enter into the review period the following week (after JSS update), client initiates dispute. FL responds to dispute. Mediation commences.

In the JSS update following that dispute, FL will notice a drop in JSS twice as large as the drop that happened due to the negative feedback from the client. No other contracts need have been accepted/ended/completed within this time.

Hermann, I also have this bug even though I have never been involved in any disputes. I can confirm that it has not affected my JSS.

Christine A wrote:
Hermann, I also have this bug even though I have never been involved in any disputes. I can confirm that it has not affected my JSS.

I confirm, as of today, that this bug has been fixed. At least, for me, as I no longer see it.

Hi Hermann and Christine,

I can confirm that the issue with dispute notification showing one active dispute does not affect your Job Success Score. I can also share our team is working on resolving the issue as soon as possible, apologies for the frustration and concern it might have caused you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
janath
Community Member

Showing  I have open dispute as in navigation bar under question mark with yellow dot. But when I click and open there, it's empty. Had one dispute but it closed now.

I need to hide it. It's always showing that yellow dot. 

*PS: I don't have any pending disputes.

lysis10
Community Member

It's a weird bug that's been around forever.

As long as the mediator told you the matter is closed and you got the closed message from the ticketing software, then you are fine.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janath,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. We don’t have an ETA at the moment.

Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via your support ticket and keep you updated. We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janath and Jennifer,

I'd like to confirm that I checked with the team and after taking steps to close one of the recently resolved disputes I no longer see an open dispute flag in your account, Janath. We apologize for the inconvenience and can confirm the issue previously discussed in this thread hasn't resurfaced. Thanks for posting your concern in the Community!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths