🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Do Employers see your 'Member Since' date...
Page options
drawn
Community Member

Do Employers see your 'Member Since' date?

Hello all.

Quick question.

Do Employers see your 'Member Since' date? I can't even see my 'Member Since' date?!

Where would I find that date?

Regards,

Greg

18 REPLIES 18
drawn
Community Member

Of course, I can see the date now--when I actually search for this very question on this site: Jan 2, 2019. However, I coudn't find it in my profile.

prachi163
Community Member

The 'Member since' date that you see here only indicates the day you first came to the forums. It's not related to when you signed-up on Upwork or when you started working on the platform.

The 'member' here refers to being a forum member.

drawn
Community Member

Yes, thanks.  I just realized that.  And so, on my 'UpWork' profile do employees see when I joined?  I mean, I joined 'ODesk' way back when---where is the date? Where can I see it?

prachi163
Community Member

No. The clients don't see the date you joined Upwork. But they can take a look at your work history. So technically, they can see when you took your first job if they wanted to. But that's about it.

drawn
Community Member

Good to know.  Thank-you.  Looks like I'll never know when I joined ODesk. Is that right? Where do I see when I joined? If I contact support, will they tell me?

prachi163
Community Member

I can't be sure since I wasn't around during the odesk days.

I know when I joined Upwork because I have my sign-up email in my inbox.

petra_r
Community Member

Greg P wrote:

Good to know.  Thank-you.  Looks like I'll never know when I joined ODesk. Is that right?

July 14th 2010

Prachi T wrote:

No. The clients don't see the date you joined Upwork

Well, they can only see it if they know where to look 🙂

But why would they care...

You can see the date you joined on your certificate of earnings

drawn
Community Member

Thank-you, Petra.

I myself would not have thought to look there.

You mentioned, 'if they know where to look.' Are you implying that is where they would look--at my certificate of earnings?

They would have access to my certificate of earnings??

petra_r
Community Member

Greg P wrote:

No, of course they (or anyone other than Upwork and yourself) can't see that.

Many things can be found if one knows how and where to look, but few people bother. Nobody really cares how long you have been on the platform.

Greg P wrote:

Thank-you, Petra.

I myself would not have thought to look there.

You mentioned, 'if they know where to look.' Are you implying that is where they would look--at my certificate of earnings?

I'm sure they  can't see your certificate of earnings, but they could get an idea of when you joined from past jobs and the tests you have done, if you have done any. Does it really matter?  

Well I am not sure why Greg is asking about this, but I was worried about this myself. I joined a couple of years ago, but I only got my first job last month. That doesn’t mean I was applying to 20-30 jobs each month for 2 years and didn’t get a single response. I just didn’t use Upwork at all, I forgot I had the account. But to the client it might look weird

Maria M wrote:
But to the client it might look weird

They don't know, they can't see your joining date on your public profile. They'll assume (if they even think about it) you joined just before your first job, but seriously, a client is most unlikely to think about it in the first place

Is it only visible here?
markjjj
Community Member

Hi just wanted to know the date and year I joined here.

Hi Mark Jones,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mark Johnes j wrote:

Hi just wanted to know the date and year I joined here.

Just look at your "Certificate of Earnings" - it's right there

rahmantohidur94
Community Member

Hi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths