cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Employers see your 'Member Since' date?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 14

Greg P wrote:

They would have access to my certificate of earnings??

No, of course they (or anyone other than Upwork and yourself) can't see that.

Many things can be found if one knows how and where to look, but few people bother. Nobody really cares how long you have been on the platform.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
12 of 14

Greg P wrote:

Thank-you, Petra.

I myself would not have thought to look there.

You mentioned, 'if they know where to look.' Are you implying that is where they would look--at my certificate of earnings?

They would have access to my certificate of earnings??

I'm sure they  can't see your certificate of earnings, but they could get an idea of when you joined from past jobs and the tests you have done, if you have done any. Does it really matter?  

Maria M Member Since: Mar 6, 2019
13 of 14
Well I am not sure why Greg is asking about this, but I was worried about this myself. I joined a couple of years ago, but I only got my first job last month. That doesn’t mean I was applying to 20-30 jobs each month for 2 years and didn’t get a single response. I just didn’t use Upwork at all, I forgot I had the account. But to the client it might look weird
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 14

Maria M wrote:
But to the client it might look weird

They don't know, they can't see your joining date on your public profile. They'll assume (if they even think about it) you joined just before your first job, but seriously, a client is most unlikely to think about it in the first place

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS