🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do I have a chance of being paid the right am...
Page options
oscar_cruz_h
Community Member

Do I have a chance of being paid the right amount?

Here's how it works
A client sent me a message a few days ago asking for a 5 renders of 2 cans of water, his budget was very low, but we reached an agreement after negotiating 125 dollars.

The first milestone was 3 proposals and a revision: 60$.
The second Milestone of the final delivery of the 5 renders: 65$.

I regularly don't use the " submit your work for milestone approval within the contract" button because the clients I have worked with did it on the fly or all at the end.

I did my work, sent him 3 proposals, sent him the next revision, made changes before sending the 5 final renders and he told me he would show it to his colleagues.
A few moments ago he approved the first milestone for only 10$ and the second one was incative, he finished the contract and asked for a refund for the 50$ of the milestone.
Already started a dispute with him through Upwork and I will wait to see what happens.

I know that I have the possibility to get the remaining 50$ of the first Milestone but my question is can I claim the other 65$ of the second Milestone or I consider it lost?

Besides it gave me a bad review
Sorry, this is my first time in this process.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Oscar,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. It is important to review your milestone and ensure it is funded as per your agreement with the client. Also, you need to make sure you adhere to the terms and submit the work as per the milestone agreement. It will be difficult for our team to assist you with milestone payments in excess of the amount in escrow or future milestones not funded by your client. Check out our Fixed-Price Protection help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Oscar,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. It is important to review your milestone and ensure it is funded as per your agreement with the client. Also, you need to make sure you adhere to the terms and submit the work as per the milestone agreement. It will be difficult for our team to assist you with milestone payments in excess of the amount in escrow or future milestones not funded by your client. Check out our Fixed-Price Protection help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I see, I'll be more careful next time
Thanks for replying, could you help me to remove the feedback ? I meet the specifications and I tried through the chat but it tells me that I can not authenticate my login
please

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members