🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Do I keep tracking time while making chan...
Page options
eed824e7
Community Member

Do I keep tracking time while making changes to my client's website?

Hi, I'm working on a project for a client and he has requested changes, my question is, do I track time while making the changes?

I've already built this website, so I'm thinking that I'm not supposed to track time for my client's project or bill him, but I'd leave that decision to the professionals on here.

NB: These changes aren't extra work, they're just working I'd already done but the client wants me to get it to perfection for him

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If I had made a mistake or if something wasn't working as it should, then I would fix it for free. I would only charge the client if they asked for additional work or if they wanted different options.

lysis10
Community Member

What you charge for is your business. I recently didn't charge someone for a phone call. That's my business. Personally, I charge for revisions unless I made a mistake and did something super egregiously wrong like write on the totally wrong topic (which I've done, whooops grrrrr).

Kevin, Upwork assumes that you are going to log ALL OF THE TIME that you spend working on the client's project.

If you make a huge really dumb mistake that you are fixing... I understand if you might want to not log time while you fix the mistake.

But working on changes a client requests in his quest to "achieve perfection" is not the same thing as fixing your own mistakes. It sounds like work you absolutely should be logging time for.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths