🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do I need refund or not?
Page options
e7a4bb13
Community Member

Do I need refund or not?

Hello everyone.  A client asked a partial refund and we are in disputing with Upwork Mediation Team now. The contract ended last month, and over 14 days of feedback window time. The client did not give any feedback, and in my profile shows no feedback given.

My question is, if I will not refund, is there any possible for the client to give negetive feedback. As I know, after 14 days, the client cannot give private and public feedback. But in refund and dispute case, is it still effective? What can I do to reduce my loss?

Thanks for helping.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ming S wrote:

Hello everyone.  A client asked a partial refund and we are in disputing with Upwork Mediation Team now. The contract ended last month, and over 14 days of feedback window time. The client did not give any feedback, and in my profile shows no feedback given.

Who ended the contract? If it was the client, feedback has already been left.

Is this in addition to the other contract you had poor feedback from you told us about recently?

If it was the contract that ended Aug 22, 2021, you left feedback, the client did not. You were really lucky, as your JSS would be even more horrendous if they had....

The client won't be able to leave feedback now, regardless of the outcome of the dispute.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Ming S wrote:

Who ended the contract? If it was the client, feedback has already been left.

Is this in addition to the other contract you had poor feedback from you told us about recently?

If it was the contract that ended Aug 22, 2021, you left feedback, the client did not. You were really lucky, as your JSS would be even more horrendous if they had....

The client won't be able to leave feedback now, regardless of the outcome of the dispute.

e7a4bb13
Community Member

Hello Petra, I ended the contract because the client firstly paused the contract and asked for refund, insulted and slandered me, I have blocked him and provided all proof of what he said on Upwork messages. These days are extremely horrible. In my career, I have never met these situations. To be a freelancer is not a good choice, I think. Still thanks for your kindly concerns and timely help.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Ming S wrote:

My question is, if I will not refund, is there any possible for the client to give negetive feedback. As I know, after 14 days, the client cannot give private and public feedback. But in refund and dispute case, is it still effective? What can I do to reduce my loss?

Thanks for helping.

Did you close the contract or the client? Regardless if the contract was closed more than 14 days ago, then they cannot leave any feedback. Do not refund. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members