cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to delete work time when security period?

kevindalby
Kevin D Member Since: Sep 20, 2016
1 of 15

Hi, Upwork Manager.

My client got issue on his payment method.

I've worked 2 weeks for client.

First week work is in security period and second week work is in client review now.

My client said that i can't get money from upwork now for 2 weeks job.

I want to ask upwork manager to get money now.

In my opinion, I know that:

if security period begins on upwork, upwork get money from client paypal.

so even though cilent got issue when security period, as i mentioned before, freelancer can get money. 

is it right?

Now my client want me to delete all upwork times. and then he is going to pay with paypal..

Plz tell me how can i?

Best Regards

Kevin

niag
Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
2 of 15

@Kevin D wrote:

Now my client want me to delete all upwork times. and then he is going to pay with paypal..

Hi Kevin,

I'm not an Upwork manager but perhaps I can help. Are you saying that your client wants you to delete your Upwork time so that he can pay you privately via PayPal?

If he is attempting to pay you privately/outside of Upwork, he is breaking the Terms of Service. In this case, you should report this immediately to Upwork. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 15

re: "Now my client want me to delete all upwork times. and then he is going to pay with paypal.."

What?!

No.

That's crazy.

Either your client has absolutly no idea how Upwork functions.

Or the client is simply trying to rip you off, or rip Upwork off, or both.

But don't say that to the client.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
4 of 15

re: "My client said that i can't get money from upwork now for 2 weeks job. I want to ask upwork manager to get money now."

Okay...

Kevin...

If YOU are the one who instigated all this by asking your client questions about when you get paid, or by discussing it in any way, then YOU need to be the one to put this to rest.

Tell you client:

"Frederick:

Sorry about the confusion! Forget what I said about Upwork payment. I did some more reading on the subject, and everything is fine. I now understand that when I log time on an hourly contract, I'll be paid automatically for that time. Please don't do anything about this."

kevindalby
5 of 15

Thanks for your reply.

My client has suspended on upwork already on payment method.

And my last 2 weeks job was on security period.

in this case can i get money from upwork?

and later do i need to refund money to upwork when client has suspended?

I mean, when security period begins, is it possible to get money without client?

Regards

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
6 of 15

Kevin, there is no way around the security period. You cannot get paid sooner than the published schedule. Period. As Nia and Preston said, the client is either trying to scam you or the client has no idea how to use this platform. Getting paid outside of Upwork for work obtained via Upwork is a clear violation of the Terms of Service and can get your account banned. Same goes for the client's account. 

ETA: Now that I see your latest response I can tell you that some clients have their accounts suspended because of an issue with their payment method. Which means they either have a legitimate reason for this (such as a problem with their bank or perhaps someone stole their credit card), but also be aware that some clients have their accounts suspended because they are using fraudulent or invalid methods of payment. If you used the time tracker and have hours that meet the criteria for payment protection you should be covered. I'd ask a mod to check into your specific case. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
7 of 15

Kevin, just to be really clear:

You are going to get paid through Upwork, using Upwork's schedule, or you are not going to get paid.

If you try circumvent the system, you're probably going to get kicked off Upwork permanently.

kevindalby
8 of 15

Thanks for you reply.

You are confusing now.

I'm going to work permenantely on upwork.

But i want to know about payment when i'm on security peroid without client because client has suspended.

Regards

prestonhunter
Community Guru
9 of 15

Kevin: EVERYBODY's money goes through a "security" period. This is normal.

Your money is probably fine.

It's probably just making its way through the regular steps:

- Work in Progress

- In Review

- Pending

- Available

If you were working an hourly contract, and doing so properly, you'll get paid by Upwork, even if there are problems with the client's account. If your money gets held up, then just be patient.

But you definitely can't get paid "sooner" by doing anything, and you can't get paid by deleting work hours from your work diary. And you can't agree to accept payment through PayPal.

Just be patient. There is nothing for you to do right now other than wait for your money.

kevindalby
10 of 15

Thanks, sir.

I worked normally on upwork.

I finished 2 steps(Work in Review, In Review)

Now prgress on 'Pending'.

Tomorrow it will be finished and I'll be on 'Avalible'.

In this case, It's not problem to get money from upwork if there are problems with the client's account?

In the future, if there are problems with the client's account, upwork want to refund money from me?

Because now client's paypal is not attached with upwork.

Regards.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS