🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do I need to make a Specialized Profile if my...
Page options
ankit48
Community Member

Do I need to make a Specialized Profile if my General Account is slimier to it?

Do I need to make a Specialized Profile if my General Account is similar to it?

Working from my General account I only took jobs related to UI designs only.

I am not planning to work outside this category in near future. 

So did I really need to make a UI/UX Design specialized profile? 

I feel like that after making another specific profile in UI/UX Design Category (Which is 100% similar to my General account) I am getting less attention to my Bids!

Thanks 

Ankit 

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

You do NOT need to make a specialized profile if it would basically be the same as your main general profile.

Nobody needs to make a specialized profile.

And in fact you will save time and energy if you DON'T have a specialized profile.

The specialized profiles are only intended for freelancers who want to present more than one view of themselves for potential clients - and those views are clearly different. Those different views of the same profile can be thought of as billboards which are marketing to different potential market segments.

So how do I safely exit from this?

Should I delete it from

Specialized profiles 

section? 

Hi Preston,

What you are expressing makes 100% perfect sense.

However, unless I am missing something, there is only one way for me to add portfolio items, and that's to create a specialized profile.  Is this correct?

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jack, 

You are correct. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allow freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it here through this announcement post. 

~ Avery
Upwork
crart
Community Member

Another way to force freelancers into ridiculousness. What if I absolutely do NOT NEED specialized profile? I find it disturbing to split myself into pieces, so to speak, I like things to be logical, I know UW fears logic but I am not UW so let me decide alright? Why would I create profile that is exact copy of the general one because I am an illustrator and that's what I offer, illustration? No need for gazillion profiles nonsense if I do ONE thing. Forcing anyone into creating useless profile only because otherwise they cannot create portfolio is stupid and unethical. You do not have the right to decide what I put in my profile and in what way, given I don't cross ToS which I do not do.

hello, but upwork won't allow me to delete the similar specialized profile without creating another one...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oluwademilade, 

You are only able to delete any specialized profiles created, as long as you have at least one available. To delete, if you have more than one, go to Settings, then click “Profile Settings” on the left. Scroll down to find the title “Specialized profiles”, click the ellipses icon next to the profile you’d like to delete, and select “Delete.”

Here's more information about Specialized Profiles.

~ Avery
Upwork
5adc1fba
Community Member

Hi.
How are you today?
I want to know one.
Creating a specialized profile after verification is okay?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members