cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to update my availability?

Lawrence K Member Since: Feb 22, 2019
1 of 3

I have 3 contracts open, 2 for max 10 hrs/week and 1 for max 15 hrs/week, however I have not logged more than 10 hours in any week on these three contracts combined. So I have kept my availability at more than 30 hrs/week. I had one interview where I was asked about my open contracts and I explained it pretty much as I wrote above. I know the hours applied show up in my profile, but I wanted to check with community if what I am doing is OK or is there other advice? Thank you.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

It probably depends on the type of work you do on Upwork, but I regularly have 12 - 15 active contracts on Upwork.

This reflects the fact that many of my clients come and go - they are too busy with other things to focus solely on the project or I've asked them questions they need to find answers to or the just don't understand how Upwork works (and how important closing idle contracts can be).

Stay as busy as you want. I have never seen Upwork address how many projects a freelancer should have, but that really wouldn't make sense for them to even try. If you over-commit yourself that will be reflected in negative client feedback and a lower Job Success Score, which may or may not matter to your potential future Upwork clients.

Lawrence K Member Since: Feb 22, 2019
3 of 3

Thank you. I thought it would be OK, but wanted to check to be sure that Upwork would not look at it negatively, since I am hoping to get to Rising Talent soon. Cheers.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS