🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do Opened Contracts affect JSS?
Page options
babar_khalid
Community Member

Do Opened Contracts affect JSS?

I have few opened contracts. One is an hourly contract that was paused by the client. One has no active milestone, One is active for the last 3 months without any earning. I have noticed that My JSS is dropping 2% to 3% every 2 weeks. 

I want to know which of the opened contracts are affecting my JSS?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Babar K wrote:

I want to know which of the opened contracts are affecting my JSS?

Neither

Dear Petra,

I was reading one of your comments where you said that opened contracts without earning affect the JSS.

can you please elaborate more on that?

Babar K wrote:

I was reading one of your comments where you said that opened contracts without earning affect the JSS.

That's from 2018. The calculation changed last year.

Why don't you just close the contract with 0 earnings (ever) if there has never been any activity? In future, don't accept contracts until you have what you need to get started and either complete the first milestone or start tracking time. 

Smiley Very Happy

Few days I posted that should I close the opened contracts if the client is not responding and the Gurus suggested that do not close opened contracts, it will affect your JSS in case the client gives negative feedback. and Your are suggesting me to close the contract. If those opened contracts are not affecting my JSS, than I am wondering what is happening with it.

How could I know that a client is not giving me good private feedback although he is still working with me continuously on projects. If the client is satisfied, why my JSS is going down, and if he is not, then why is he giving me good public feedback and working with me or more projects?

Babar K wrote:

Few days I posted that should I close the opened contracts if the client is not responding and the Gurus suggested that do not close opened contracts, it will affect your JSS in case the client gives negative feedback.

Why would a client who hasn't had any work for you for months give you bad private feedback? I didn't suggest you close a contract that is active. You claimed you have a contract you never haf any

earnings from for months. I specifically said that this is one you could just close. 

And you didn't post anything a few days ago. You posted in July (ie months ago) and that was a contract with earnings (you had completed 2 milestones) - completely different situation.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members