🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do clients care about certifications??
Page options
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Do clients care about certifications??

Greetings,

I'm a client as well as a freelancer and hired someone with a lot of public certifications. I switched back to my own profile and noticed the feature for myself. I'm thinking about taking some English Proficiency Exams to add certifications to my profile. I went to an official website to take an exam but I'd need to pay $40 to take it. I want to strengthen my Upwork profile, and in doing so, garner more traction, but do clients even care about those certifications? I'd like to know now before I spend money on taking the exams.

(*thanks for your time)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Alexis A wrote:

Greetings,

I'm a client as well as a freelancer and hired someone with a lot of public certifications. I switched back to my own profile and noticed the feature for myself. I'm thinking about taking some English Proficiency Exams to add certifications to my profile. I went to an official website to take an exam but I'd need to pay $40 to take it. I want to strengthen my Upwork profile, and in doing so, garner more traction, but do clients even care about those certifications? I'd like to know now before I spend money on taking the exams.

(*thanks for your time)

Don't bother to take any additional exam if you are a native speaker. If there are some tests related to your field, they are worth more and you might actually learn something from them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jr-translation
Community Member

Alexis A wrote:

Greetings,

(*thanks for your time)

Don't bother to take any additional exam if you are a native speaker. If there are some tests related to your field, they are worth more and you might actually learn something from them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members