cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do clients receive a new notification/email/message when they get a new proposal?

sharonliu
Community Leader
Sharon L Member Since: Jun 14, 2015
1 of 3

Due to reading recent forum advice, I have been lengthening my proposals. Yesterday, I posted a 2000-character proposal I had made using my proposal prompts. However, because of searching for relevant jobs (which decreases the job pool and the recency of the last posted job) and the time taken to type the proposals out, I can be sending a proposal hours after the job has been posted. My question is, if the client is not checking their Open Jobs list, will they be otherwise notified of a new proposal that has arrived?

My other question is, as a freelancer, if you use a newly typed long proposal to apply for jobs, how do you select jobs which welcome this type of application, i.e. jobs which leave a long window (maybe a few hours) for applicants to respond?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Sharon,

Clients can set the option to receive notification for each proposal they receive. While we can't estimate when a job will be awarded, you can check the information about the client's activity on a job post below the job description, and see if they are interviewing or have hired a freelancer already. However, this doesn't mean your proposal won't be reviewed, since clients can interview and hire multiple freelancers for the same job.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

re: "Do clients receive a new notification/email/message when they get a new proposal?"

For the most part, no.

I believe the default options mean that clients receive periodic email messages, but they don't receive email notifications for every job posting. (Thank goodness.)

That has been my experience as a client.

When I post a job, I don't need to receive email notifications. I know the job is active and I log into my Upwork account regularly to view new proposals.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS