🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Do clients usually hire the first freelan...
Page options
daydreamdesigns
Community Member

Do clients usually hire the first freelancer they interview?

Do you find it's worth it to apply to a post if the client is already interviewing?

For me, once a client has reached out to me, they hire me 99% of the time (and sometimes they just offer me the job without even discussing it further, which I think is weird, but ok)

Do other freelancer experience this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
kirnazdogan
Community Member

I never apply for a job if there is an interview with another freelancer. (because of a bad experience in past) I also stop interviewing with a client if she starts interviewing other freelancers while we accept working together. 

For me, a client will work with the first freelancer she interviews. Because she read all the proposals and chose the best. So, I won't apply for these jobs. 

florydev
Community Member

Well I don't really propose on a project unless I think that I can do it better than anyone else so, with that kind of ego, it is not surprising I pay no attention to if they have already interviewed someone.  Whoever, they have interviewed is clearly not the best candidate because they haven't interviewed me yet.

This is a bit tongue in cheek but the honest reality is I don't pay much attention to it.  I see something I like, I go after it.

tlsanders
Community Member

I think it depends on the type of job and your skills. I bid on jobs where the client is already interviewing only if I am reasonably confident that I am better qualified than whomever he/she may be talking to.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths