🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do converted contracts hurt your job success ...
Page options
joann_spitzer
Community Member

Do converted contracts hurt your job success score

Hello - 

I recently had a client for whom I had been working for 3 years convert my contract for the $1 fee to move our work outside of Upwork (I have never done this before).  I was surprised when I did not see any feedback from her nor did I see how to leave feedback for her.  Then I noticed a button that said I could request feedback, but it would not count towards my job success score.  And oddly, my profile says this job is still in progress.  I am wondering first why a long-term client cannot leave feedback towards my job success score if they convert my contract rather than just end it.  This seems like a punishment to the freelancer, when we were trying to follow the rules.  Second, I am now concerned that converting a contract will count against my job success score.  I have searched this topic and can find nothing on it.  Is this a valid concern?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jo Ann,

No, converting a contract doesn't affect the Job Success Score negatively.
When a contract is converted it doesn't get automatically closed in case the freelancer and the client still need to use it for any reason. If you and your client prefer to end the contract, you could do it from the contract room. Whoever ends the contract will be prompted to leave feedback and the other party can then provide their feedback within 14 days. That feedback will be included in your JSS.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Member

Interesting question. I, too, would like to see the answer for it.

How long has it been since the contract converted? It possibly may not have updated on your profile yet.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jo Ann,

No, converting a contract doesn't affect the Job Success Score negatively.
When a contract is converted it doesn't get automatically closed in case the freelancer and the client still need to use it for any reason. If you and your client prefer to end the contract, you could do it from the contract room. Whoever ends the contract will be prompted to leave feedback and the other party can then provide their feedback within 14 days. That feedback will be included in your JSS.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you, Valeria.  This is very helpful.

Hi Valeria. My client converted our contract a few days ago. He left feedback at the time but didn't close it. If I close it now, will the feedback he left a few days ago when he converted it affect my JSS? Or does he have to leave new feedback for it to count towards my JSS? Thanks.

Hi Maria,

Typically, you would wait for the client to close the contract. However, if you are the one ending the contract, as Valeria mentioned above, we will provide you with the opportunity to leave feedback as part of that process and other party can then provide their feedback within 14 days.

In general, a contract need to end first before enabling both parties to Give Feedback. That's when the feedback will be included in your JSS.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members