kissgabor2030

Do messages get through these days?

Is there another message system malfunction around? 3/3 clients did not reply for my messages and it's getting suspicious (as it happened before and turned out to be a message system bug).

8 REPLIES 8
yitwail

Gabor, I think it's more likely a client malfunction because I received 2 replies this morning. You could always try the old trick of closing the browser, emptying cache, and deleting cookies. Robot Embarassed  

Easter holidays probably explain it...

tlsanders

It's random. I have some clients who regularly receive/return messages, and other messages disappear into the ether.

They seem to disappear - but they should *not*.  Not on a platform, where communication is key.

slivaniou

My 2 cents: messages not only disappear for good, but also some of them suddenly appear after 1 or 2 days. Has that occured on your message board as well?

@Stella L wrote:

My 2 cents: messages not only disappear for good, but also some of them appear suddenly after 1 or 2 days. Has that occured on your message board as well?

Yes! I couldn't find  a time-sensitive message and file from a client - and now it is there, in  my face, clear as day . . .

Thank you very much, Valeria!

Stella: they did that as well earlier - appearing with random timing (the worst case was a message with a delay of one week).

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabor and others,

We don't have any known issues with messages disappearing. If you notice that messages are not delivered or not shown, please submit a ticket with details about the room, contract, client and the time the message was sent. That way the team can check it for you.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork