🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do milestone deadlines affect JSS?
Page options
tooler88
Community Member

Do milestone deadlines affect JSS?

Hi there,

Apologies, another JSS related question. I have an ongoing contract with a client. Although she isn't the most communicative and when I send her items for review, it could be a while before she responds. We have an ongoing milestone with a deadline date well surpassed. But I have sent her all files for review through the messaging chat (well before that due date). I have done a few projects for her in the past so I know she is good for honouring the payment.

My question is does Upwork take that into account when calculating the JSS, and when she eventually comes back with feedback, should I immediately submit the work "requesting payment" so that the milestone is now in her corner?

Many thanks,

Kevin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kevin O wrote:

Apologies, another JSS related question. I have an ongoing contract with a client. Although she isn't the most communicative and when I send her items for review, it could be a while before she responds. We have an ongoing milestone with a deadline date well surpassed. But I have sent her all files for review through the messaging chat (well before that due date). I have done a few projects for her in the past so I know she is good for honouring the payment.

My question is does Upwork take that into account when calculating the JSS, and when she eventually comes back with feedback, should I immediately submit the work "requesting payment" so that the milestone is now in her corner?

no, deadlines don't matter to the JSS, but you don't want contracts that never had any payment (EVER) for 2+ months.

I always request payment when I submit file, that is what the function is there for. But I can see why designers handle it a bit differently.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
versailles
Community Member

Kevin O wrote:

Not at all. Deadlines on milestone are indicative only as much as UW is concerned.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
petra_r
Community Member

Kevin O wrote:

no, deadlines don't matter to the JSS, but you don't want contracts that never had any payment (EVER) for 2+ months.

I always request payment when I submit file, that is what the function is there for. But I can see why designers handle it a bit differently.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members