🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do my own profile searches mess up the stats?
Page options
polyniki
Community Member

Do my own profile searches mess up the stats?

Hey everybody,

from time to time I search freelancers with specific keywords to see how well ny profile ranks. So obviously I appear in search results. Does this mess up my profile view stats (Your profile was discovered X times last week). To put it in other words, does discovering my profile myself count as a profile discovery?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
m_sharman
Community Member

Polyniki V wrote:

Hey everybody,

from time to time I search freelancers with specific keywords to see how well ny profile ranks. So obviously I appear in search results. Does this mess up my profile view stats (Your profile was discovered X times last week). To put it in other words, does discovering my profile myself count as a profile discovery?

Thanks!

That's an interesting question - I don't really know the answer, however I'm not sure how meaningful the "view stats" data is.  For myself, I check it from time to time, but really the most critical metric for me is how many jobs I am offered and accepted.

For instance, I often receive invitation to interview, I decline a fair amount, so how does that factor into my "interviewed" stat?  IMHO, the data is far too generic to mean anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members