🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do not receives job invitation from clients
Page options
dbb644c2
Community Member

Do not receives job invitation from clients

Hi,

I'm working as a freelancer on Upwork from last 1 month and I have 4 contracts right now but I do not receive job invitation from the client. I want to know the reason why clients do not invite me from the job or my profile is not showing on the search bar?

Please help me with the reason, why I do not receive job invitations and give me some suggestions to improve it.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

I didn't start getting invites for at least a year. The $100k mark helps too.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

I didn't start getting invites for at least a year. The $100k mark helps too.

dbb644c2
Community Member

Oh okay, is there anything else I need to work on?

lysis10
Community Member

Well since you asked...

Errryone wants the "high paying clients." (I really hate this term because it assumes clients just willingly give randos on the internet lots of money because feelings). The thing about people with money to spend is they aren't some loser schlepping their knockoff eyelashes on Amazon. They know a thing or two about their market. Sooo, if they come across a $5/hour social meeedya marketer, they would assume this person is botting.

dbb644c2
Community Member

Would you please help me with the minimum hourly rate I should charge?

I was charging $5 becuase I'm a newbie at Upwork but now I have 4 projects so how much I should raise my rate?

lysis10
Community Member

Well, are you botting? If I hired you, would I get a bunch of junk bot followers? Would I genuinely get real followers or would I get a bunch of people not in my country who would obviously never be interested in buying from me? 

I see a lot of freelancers talk about how it's not about the money, but these people are dumb. It's always about the money. The more money you make someone, the more you'll be worth. You're in an industry that is about making clients money. Some people make money for clients indirectly, but you pretty much have a direct impact on revenue if it's done right.

dbb644c2
Community Member

Alright! Thank you so much!

It was really very helpful. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members