Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do refunds hurt JSS?

inkmonkey
Ace Contributor
Fatima A Member Since: Sep 26, 2013
1 of 4

My client and I had a talk yesterday and the project that I was working on no longer makes business sense for him. So he'd like me to work on a separate project. I suggested closing the current contract and creating a new one for the new project to keep job history organized and all. As far as I'm familiar with the process, when clients close a contract they can also request any pending milestones to be refunded. I've never had to do anything more than approve it. We both agreed to this. However, it appears my client approved the milestone for release in the process of closing the contract. If I refund an approved milestone, does that reflect poorly on my JSS?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Fatima, 

Refunds will not affect your Job Success score negatively if the job was completed successfully and the client was satisfied with the result and left positive public and private feedback. This postively affects your JSS. I checked your account and you should be able to issue a refund for the milestone that was mistakenly approved. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pixel-tech
Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015
3 of 4

Hi

I need help same issue

one of my client give me bad feedback i am not agreed with feedback

if i refund all monet than can i get back my score?

Thanks

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Ali, 

If you are issuing a refund, the public feedback will disappear on your profile but the private feedback will still remain. Please take note that this will affect your Job Success Score.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS