cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the number of completed tests matter in client's search?

Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
1 of 4

Hello there,

this is question I had for some time in my mind. Is there a filtering option by clients when seeking for prospective freelancers? Like, "has completed more than x number of expert tests successfully"?

Regardless, can anybody confirm a case, where a large number of completed tests suddenly got him/her more job offers from clients?  (compared to his/her previously small number)

It would be very useful to know the value of this side of completing tests. Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 4

@Gabor K wrote:

Hello there,

this is question I had for some time in my mind. Is there a filtering option by clients when seeking for prospective freelancers? Like, "has completed more than x number of expert tests successfully"?

Regardless, can anybody confirm a case, where a large number of completed tests suddenly got him/her more job offers from clients?  (compared to his/her previously small number)

It would be very useful to know the value of this side of completing tests. Thank you in advance!

It is not part of filtering on the client side and in 6 years here I've never had a client even mention the tests.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
3 of 4

Every third or fourth job posting I see (writing, translations, social media marketing) lists this question:

"Have you taken any Upwork tests and done well on them that you think are relevant to this job?"

It surely depends on the area you work in.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 4

@Ela K wrote:

Every third or fourth job posting I see (writing, translations, social media marketing) lists this question:

"Have you taken any Upwork tests and done well on them that you think are relevant to this job?"

It surely depends on the area you work in.

I get that as well. Obviously they never looked at any of my tests and I find it to be the most redundant question of all the possible questions. All my tests are relevant.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS