🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do we get the connects back from proposals th...
Page options
daviddennison
Community Member

Do we get the connects back from proposals that violate UpWork TOS?

In the last 24 hours I've submitted 2 proposals where the client sent me a PDF to contact some random person outside of UpWork.

Obviously I know this is against the TOS, so that is what I told them. They immediately cancel the contract. A few minutes later, UpWork sends me an email saying that they job was removed because it violated the TOS.

Do we get those connects back that we spent to send those proposals? On one of them, I boosted it for 8 additional connects.

Attached is the PDFs that they sent me trying to send me off the platform.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

David D wrote:

Do we get those connects back that we spent to send those proposals?

Yes.

And those jobs aren't actually real. They are scams designed to steal your money. The scammers have nothing to do with the companies in question. They also didn't "cancel the contract" - there was never a contract. Their job posts were taken down.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

David D wrote:

Do we get those connects back that we spent to send those proposals?

Yes.

And those jobs aren't actually real. They are scams designed to steal your money. The scammers have nothing to do with the companies in question. They also didn't "cancel the contract" - there was never a contract. Their job posts were taken down.

Thanks for your reply!

I knew they were definitely scams. It just seemed like they cancelled it because as I was in the messages all the sudden it says "You've deleted these messages."

Would you know by any chance how long does it take for the connects to go back into my account? Just curious.

Hi David,

I’ve checked and Connects were already refunded to you as the job has been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. You can check this under your Connect History

Please check this help article for crucial information that will help you have a safe and successful journey on Upwork.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f44da984
Community Member

Can a community manager confirm that If Upworks cancels a proposal, the Connects are refunded? Thanks

Hi Delores,

Thank you for reaching out. I'd like to confirm that Connects are returned if a job post is cancelled by the client without hiring anybody or by Upwork for violating the Terms of Service. Connects are not returned if the job expired, was closed by the client after they hired at least one freelancer, and the proposal was declined by the client or withdrawn by the freelancer.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mhdlh
Community Member

I hope Upwork minimizes the number of connects per jobs, 4 or 6 is quiet a cost actually!

I feel that i have a better chance in jobs with 6 connects, but I refrain applying to them, unless I have decent amount of connects.!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members