🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Do you have suggestions to make this proj...
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully?

Clients love to throw some questions in the Job Descriptions. But I always stuck on this question: "Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully?"

3.PNG
I really don't get any logical answer to this question. How do you answer this question actually? Any suggestions, please. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
browersr
Community Member

These questions are overall garbage and I have wished for years that UW would stop supplying canned questions. They just enable lazy clients who cannot spend the time to properly write out a job description. My favorite are those who write a few word job description and then spew out a handful of these canned questions. None of course can really be answered since the job description contained almost nothing that would allow me to answer "What part of this job is the most challenging?" Such a waste of time.

To answer your question though. Regardless of project, the thread that runs through ALL successful projects is communications. So your answer to this question should center on communications in one form or the other. If the client actually did provide enough detail you may be able to add other items as well. Communications through its various forms should be the centerpiece. 

lysis10
Community Member

Yeah these questions are dumb. Scott's reply is probably better than mine. I just write "no."

researchediting
Community Member

I love when clients take the time to write their own specific questions. And I have found myself, especially when busy, using the presence of boilerplate questions as a screening criterion: not quite an absolute disqualification, but it moves that post to the bottom of my list, and typically I don’t get around to it.

My typical response is something like "I'm sure once I've had a full conversation with you on the parameters of the project and your individual needs as a client that I will have many suggestions about how to implement this project and how we can work with each other effectively to complete it on-time and as requested. I look forward to that conversation." 

Feel free to steal. 

rafsun_ug
Community Member

Thank you all for your reply and suggestions. Unfortunately, a huge number of clients throw these types of questions in their Job Descriptions. Scott gave me a good way. thanks again!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths