cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you like Odesk or Upwork we need voting system in Home Page?

Abdul G Member Since: May 9, 2015
1 of 10

This is my request to whole odesk/upwork team that please make voting system in home page so when ever a freelancer logged in he have to submit review that you like Odesk or Upwork and one more thing regarding Jobs quota which are 60 but in reall way these are only 30 so please make voting system please could submit there review that they like old job Quota or new Job Quota this Voting System will help both Odesk and Freelancer If you like it everyone Odesk Moderators and freelancers please replay here 

I request to every one on this forum please replay here regarding Job Quota and Old Odesk and new Upwork which one is best my Vote is

Old Job Quota is Good and And Old Odesk is Best 

What is Yours?

Long T Member Since: May 9, 2015
2 of 10

I like the old oDesk.

Upwork interface looks so bad, it's hard to read anything.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 10

It's a fools errand to think that Odesk / UpWork is going to spend millions of dollars to change a system because some freelancers do not like it. I think we simply have to accept what is and move on.

Community Guru
5 of 10

I completely disagree. Odesk had an awful reputation for where to go to hire people really cheap. Elance had a good reputation for quality freelancers. Something had to be changed and this is it. This is one reason you are starting to see so many freelancers being suspended. If you're not a quality professional worker you are at risk of losing your account. I'm all for turning into a high quality site for finding freelancers.

Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
5 of 10

I love odesk and without connects Smiley Wink   

A name that was known from years and a big working website more good than Elance , but now its going down daily .

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 10

re: "If you're not a quality professional worker you are at risk of losing your account. I'm all for turning into a high quality site for finding freelancers."

This may sound a little "out there"... but I'm completely serious:

Do you know what would make Upwork an even BETTER site focused on quality freelancers?

If there was a separate site or separate sub-site or section or something specifically for low-quality and/or low-skill freelancers.

LOTS of people are interested in making money doing online work like they see others doing here, and LOTS of people sign up as contractors who really aren't up to the standards the site is interested in maintaining.

But instead of simply not allowing them to begin work or suspending them, what if they were allowed to work in a more "entry level" place?

Plenty of clients would be interested in hiring lower-cost, more entry-level people. And plenty of contractors would rather make SOME money doing jobs commiserate with their capabilities and level of professionalism, rather than simply being suspended or not allowed to do anything.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
7 of 10

@Preston H wrote:

re: "If you're not a quality professional worker you are at risk of losing your account. I'm all for turning into a high quality site for finding freelancers."

This may sound a little "out there"... but I'm completely serious:

Do you know what would make Upwork an even BETTER site focused on quality freelancers?

If there was a separate site or separate sub-site or section or something specifically for low-quality and/or low-skill freelancers.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Preston,

That is a good point, but there a dozen sites out there they can get/work cheap jobs. And the suspensions are not all (unqualified) workers. Some are for duplicate accounts, some are low performance, and some I am sure are for reasons we don't know such as fake accounts, ripping clients off etc.

But a sub division like ( I am not sure I can post another company name on here) but lets use an example of $10 projects might actually be a money maker for them and a place for those who want to do the cheap jobs. There is market for this type of job and it is a big market.

I can see things from both sides. On the voting, I doubt it is going to happen. Upwork is a company not a democracy. They have a right to do whatever they want with their site even if someone doesn't like it. (as long as it is legal)

Not everyone dislikes the new site. I like it. But it is a matter or preferences. And it wouldn't matter if they changed it to something else we will have a bunch of people complaining they don't like those changes. Whenever there is change you are going to have those who don't like it no matter how careful you are.

Community Guru
8 of 10

I am beginning to think we are going to see the end of the $3 - $10 contractor on here. They seem to want this to become a site where your find high quality workers who demand and get good wages. Workers who have an estabilished reputation for being honest and doing good work. Workers who understand the importance of a good profile that's complete and professional, and who work hard at building a good reputation.

This might be a good way to fixing the problems with the company's former reputation.

Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
9 of 10

@Jean S wrote:

I am beginning to think we are going to see the end of the $3 - $10 contractor on here. They seem to want this to become a site where your find high quality workers who demand and get good wages. Workers who have an estabilished reputation for being honest and doing good work. Workers who understand the importance of a good profile that's complete and professional, and who work hard at building a good reputation.

This might be a good way to fixing the problems with the company's former reputation.

Will you like to pay 15 $/hr to a data entry or simple web research person , if he is even expert in his work ??

or you are going to end these jobs from upwork ? Smiley Tongue

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Community Guru
10 of 10

I can see where jobs like that might be posted on sites like Fiver. 

When you consider the cost to Odesk for overall management of these low price jobs I imagine it's costing them money in the long run, and if it is not improving their bottom line financially, then they will stop them. It has nothing to do with me. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS