🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Do you think freelancer Plus membership w...
Page options
maqsood12345
Community Member

Do you think freelancer Plus membership will help me?

Greetings,

I can understand, this is the most asked question on this community platform.

I will ask it, Specifically.

Yes, I will talk about the circumstances, I have been through!

I have applied to 30+ jobs on Upwork( with Proper efforts) but have not got any considerable response. Do you think, Plus membership plan will help me?

Also, Please let me know your stories. How long it took for you to land your first job.

4 REPLIES 4
aditipie
Community Member

Maqsood, I am sorry to hear that. 

If the cost of connects you've used adds up to be more than the cost of Freelancer Plus membership then, Plus membership may be a good option for you. 

I started five years ago and had waited about a month to get my first job. But after that it was a pretty steady flow. I did not sign up for Freelancer plus membership because I firmly believed that job hunt should be free. Upwork was one such forum where you could apply for tasks without "connects". "Connects" was introduced probably 3-4 years ago. Now with changing times, most freelancing forums do not offer job search for free. It really depends on how much one is willing to spend each month for job search. I hope you find a job that matches your skills soon. Best wishes.        

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Maqsood Ahmed S wrote:

Greetings,

I can understand, this is the most asked question on this community platform.

I will ask it, Specifically.

Yes, I will talk about the circumstances, I have been through!

I have applied to 30+ jobs on Upwork( with Proper efforts) but have not got any considerable response. Do you think, Plus membership plan will help me?

Also, Please let me know your stories. How long it took for you to land your first job.

No, it will not help.

If you're burning through a lot of connects, and it makes money sense for that reason, you might get it. Applying to a lot of jobs (ones you're perfect for) seems to create the odds necessary for those first contracts. That was my experience. I didn't have it when I started, but connects were free back then.

I have it now, but only  because I was curious about the bid ranges, as it's way more connects than I use. I believe I also have access to reports I wouldn't without it, but honestly I'm not sure. Otherwise, it won't help you beyond having the skills and a tight profile, portfolio, etc.

sjbercot
Community Member

You want to also make sure your portfolio pieces are free of errors and irregularities. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths