🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Do you think that bidding higher than the...
Page options
grisildahoxha
Community Member

Do you think that bidding higher than the others guarantees you an interview?

Do you think that bidding higher than the others guarantees you an interview?

12 REPLIES 12
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Absolutely not. 

nick_scumaci
Community Member

Not a chance. Just because you have the money to spend on connects doesn't mean you have the qualifications for the job.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

No. But being the right person for the job and the right freelancer in general definitely does. Rather spend your time and money on acquiring and improving those qualities. 

nick_scumaci
Community Member

I'm honestly really curious to see what the statistics are of freelancers who win jobs based on boosted bids. I'm seeing boosts over upwards of 50-500 connects and that just seems super ridiculous to me.

When you get one don't forget to tag me please 

virtualbrix
Community Member

If you feel that you are a good fit for the job and that is a job you really want. Than, by all means, compete.

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

No, you are just wasting your money. 

tlsanders
Community Member

Nothing guarantees you an interview. 

I often bid quite a bit higher than the posted budget and get interviews, but I only bid on jobs where I am confident that I will either be the best choice or one of the two or three best choices for the gig--I think that's more likely the reason I get the interviews. 

Congratulations Tiffany. This technique works for you.

c156edcc
Community Member

Hello, am happy you brought this up. Im not sure if higher bidding grants you a job. I think this booster thing is a scam. @upwork should remove it 

sajal36
Community Member

I believe you need to estimate the project and measure the complexity of the job. This is required to ensure that you are able to delivered the project based on the timelines which  project requires and you think can be done.

Now coming to the cost part, this depends on what is the pipeline you have in place for the project work. If you do not have enough work or sufficient work than you can consider discounting the cost to the customer (Similar to Sale) to be cost competitive to other bidders. 

If you have sufficient pipeline than you can quote higher rate depending on the skills match to the project. If you are SME (subject matter expert) client will be willing to pay higer rate on the project.

My recommendation is to take call on rate on case to case basis. As in some of the example given above.

d_gebeyehu
Community Member

I doubt it.

Regards,
Daniel
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members