🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does Long term jobs with no earning effect Js...
Page options
zainhanif700
Community Member

Does Long term jobs with no earning effect Jss?

Hello,

I have a hourly base client (I already earn 60$ from him) but its been almost 3-4 weeks but he has not given me any task I also ask him to cancel the contract as I hear that my JSS will be drop if I don't earn from a job which is pending for many days but he didnot reply I also try reaching him several time but he never replay to me. I know I can cancel the contract fom my side but If I cancel the contract from my side then he will give me bad reviews despite doing all of his work 100% correct.

Kindly tell me what to do. should I cancel contract from myside or not? Also Is it true that my Jss drop if I don't earn from that hourly job. Thanks 

Regards

ZAin Hanif

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zain.

It will not affect your JSS, provided the job has paid any amount of money. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zain,

When you close a contract that has earnings, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If no feedback is provided on the contract by them, it will not have an impact on your score.

When you close a contract without earrings, while the parties won’t be able to provide public feedback, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

No I do earn 60$ from that hourly job (which is still in pending). I wanted to know if the job is pending for like month without any more earning will it effect my jss?

Zain.

It will not affect your JSS, provided the job has paid any amount of money. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members