🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does Paypal charge their 3% goods and service...
Page options
krischronic
Community Member

Does Paypal charge their 3% goods and services fee when receiving money from UpWork?

Hi guys! This question may seem a little obvious, but I'm a UK based freelancer trying to determine the best way to withdraw (last time I used local bank, the conversion and fees were bad).

Does PayPal charge a commission on up work payments, if I receive in USD? I don't mean the currency conversion fee, I mean the receiving money fee

thanks !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

No, Upwork has an enterprise account, so you pay a small flat charge when you withdraw to paypal. It's $1 in the U.S., no matter how much you withdraw (up to a limit of $10,000 per transaction). I believe it is $2 outside the U.S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ladyelexia
Community Member

I have not used PP withdrawal in many years, the last time I did there were no fees, however, PayPal themselves have changed their fee structure in the last year (which I why I don't use them period), perhaps someone with more recent experience will come along soon. 

Best of luck!

tlsanders
Community Member

No, Upwork has an enterprise account, so you pay a small flat charge when you withdraw to paypal. It's $1 in the U.S., no matter how much you withdraw (up to a limit of $10,000 per transaction). I believe it is $2 outside the U.S.

This is 100% correct! I withdrew outside the US at the said flat rate of $2 and the transfer was instant!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members