🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does The Availability Badge Really Work?
Page options
a8f595fe
Community Member

Does The Availability Badge Really Work?

Hello everyone, I've been trying Availability Badge for 2 weeks now and in analytics results I see 0 - 2 profile visits if I don't take any action during the day. On the days when I make an offer, my profile visits increase because they naturally view my profile and I see it as paid by Availability Badge. Does this really work??? Are you using it?

6 REPLIES 6
anastasiabeam
Community Member

Apparently, the availability badge works when you're rotated to the top of the list of talents, so clients can see you are available when they send invitations.

That's actually interesting did not know that, thank you!

alex-nemchyn
Community Member

It seems to me that nothing has been working on Upwork lately. The only thing that works is the zombie formula that buries itself.

melaniekhenson
Community Member

Emre A wrote:

Hello everyone, I've been trying Availability Badge for 2 weeks now and in analytics results I see 0 - 2 profile visits if I don't take any action during the day. On the days when I make an offer, my profile visits increase because they naturally view my profile and I see it as paid by Availability Badge. Does this really work??? Are you using it?

Eh. I haven't noticed a difference. In fact, though this is likely to be coincidence plus timing, I have had three times the amount of views this week without a badge that I did on my highest of the previous eight weeks. 😄

So, who knows...but as a sample size of one I can say it hasn't made much of a difference for me so far.

filip_knezevic
Community Member

filip_knezevic_0-1695284451016.png

This screenshot should be self explanatory. 

No, it does not work and yes, it's a waste of money, just like boosted proposals.

sajal36
Community Member

I believe there are many indicators which are available to be used. For e.g. -   Public / Private profile, Boosting, Upwork Plus and many others. I believe you need to define goals first what all you are trying to achieve. Once you have the goals then you must see the available option which you can use as enabler for achieving your goals. 

Coming to your point Availability  badge - Feature is that it will show in search result against your profile that you are available or can take extra work. That's it. It is a Ad for which you are paying and it works in a similar manner as any other ads. That does not gurantee the profile review. Person whose availability badge is off that too appear in the search. So this is just a qualitative factor for the search engine to work.

There are many filters and catogries based search done by clients. I will suggest that you try out various filter and search options for your skillset. Review how do you do compare to other search result. I believe that will give you idea / guestimate on what should be your profile review stat.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members