cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does UpWork accept Revolut card?

Edvinas P Member Since: Feb 2, 2016
1 of 15

Does UpWork accept Revolut card? Is it possible to local transfer money to them?

Community Leader
Kristo H Member Since: May 6, 2017
2 of 15

I think you can find very quickly the methods of payment available – but if you would like to ask if they would add some method there, well yes, that is a good question.

There are many cards there. For me UpWork has never been a problem in the case of approving or not approving some payment method. Only thing which I find a bit of a challenge, is the currency, USD, that is going down rapdily. As freelancers must trade only in USD here, they must push prices up now, as USD is going down. And what is worse, they need to carry all the risk for future fluctuations.

But, that is understandable, yet perhaps not completely fair if you think average freelancer and their ability to carry a risk like that. For me, USD going down in a year like hugely, has caused a lot of trouble. And it is nothing I could express for the customers.

If you have any recommendation or idea how to address this and other relevant issues, please do not hesitate to share them with the community.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3 of 15

Hi Edvinas, 

Upwork allows you to choose the best payment method for you. Please check out this help article for more information about Upwork payment options. Also please check out this thread. Let us know if you have other questions.

-Joanne
Untitled
Borislav V Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
4 of 15

I have tried to add Revolut SWIFT code but it gets rejected so I think that means it is not supported yet Smiley Sad

It would be really great if we could use it, especially if Revolut launches in the US.

Vasco F Member Since: Jan 6, 2018
5 of 15

A year after the initial question... Still no update? 
I've been seeing a lot of people asking the same thing.
It shouldn't be so hard...

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 15

Hi Vasco, 

We will make sure to notify the Community if Revolut is supported by the system. 

-Avery
Untitled
Alexandru A Member Since: Nov 23, 2017
7 of 15

Please, either support the Revolut bank accounts, or update the wire transfer article (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063908-Wire-Transfer), there it is written: "Wire transfers are a well-established way to make bank-to-bank funds transfers across international borders. They are available to all freelancers with a valid bank account outside the U.S. using the SWIFT system."

Revolut Accounts (with IBAN) are valid bank accounts owned by the freelancers (no pooled account), full featured and working in the SWIFT system, but currently they are not supported by Upwork. Probably there are some laws governing the location of Upwork but aparently "false advertising" is not such a big deal.

I like the upwork service and the community, but the way upwork handled the Revolut topic is a bit ... low.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 15

Hi Alexandru and Klaude,

Unfortunately, we aren't able to support Revolut cards as a payment method at this time. If there are any changes in this regards, we'll update the Community.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Klaude D Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
9 of 15

We are still waiting the official answer, and not the next year Smiley Happy

Avery, your topic was in Jan, 2019. We are in March! No one else moderator here?

Thanks,

Camilla G Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
10 of 15

Hi Guys!

I use Revolut. 

I first receive the payment on my Payoneer card and then load it onto Revolut with my Payoneer debit card to get better exchange rates in non-US currencies. Works great, had no issues so far. :-) Hope this can help a few of you. Definitely the best option to save on fees where I'm at now. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS