Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does UpWork accept Revolut card?

claudia_klaude
Klaude D Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
11 of 40

Thanks Camilla for your message.

I heard from other people/Upwork also... and yes, Revolut it's working with Payoneer. 

Klaude

luiscastro1993
Luis Afonso d Member Since: May 31, 2018
12 of 40

Hi Camila,

How do you do that? from US to US? Or US to EUR?

costin77
Costin M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
13 of 40

Hey Camilla,

can please confirm the fees you were charged when you transfered money from Upwork to your Revolut card:

1. upwork->Payoneer - $2/withdraw

2. payoneer->Revolut  : 3% from your amount (when you are using the payoneer card to "top up" money to your Revolut account)?

(I am not sure if I am right about the fee on the second step)

Thank you for your time,

Costin

camillakg
Camilla G Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
14 of 40

Hi, sorry for the late answer. 

So I transfer once a month.

– I pay 2 USD to transfer from Upwork to Payoneer

– Payoneer charges a 1 USD maintainance fee (if you have min. three transactions per month, so you can split the amount you transfer to Revolut in 3)

– And nothing more. I transfer to my Revolut in USD and then do the exchange in Revolut as I spend, which is at market rate. I don't know where you get those 3 % from.

In total I pay 3 USD each month and get the best exchange rate on the market. This is saving me a lot of money in exchange rates and transfers, since the "transfer to local bank" option has such a bad exchange rate that, in my case, it costs me way more than 30 usd just in losses from bad exchange rates.

Hope this helps.

alexandralazar
Ana Alexandra L Member Since: Aug 26, 2019
15 of 40

Camila,

When you added Revolut as a bank account on Payoneer, what currency did you choose when they ask you to enter bank details? USD or your country's currency? Thanks in advance!

greekexpert
Venetia D Member Since: Nov 20, 2019
16 of 40
Hi!
I haven't add the bank account yet as still do not know what "bank name" I
should add.

Also once I choose country "UK" (which is where revoluts bank is) then I
only have Euro and pound option to choose. So I will choose to add "euro".

Also any idea what Bank name I should add?

Thank you !
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 40

Venetia D wrote:
Also once I choose country "UK" (which is where revoluts bank is) then I
only have Euro and pound option to choose. So I will choose to add "euro".
Also any idea what Bank name I should add?

You will likely not be able to add a UK based bank account when you are in Greece. The bank account you add must be in the same country you are in. It's not possible to add one from a different country because the part of the IBAN that defines the country is fixed,

41c2e718
Gary C Member Since: Jun 3, 2020
18 of 40

I found that the payoneer mastercard has a annual fee of $30 so it is not as cheap as you suggested.

greekexpert
Venetia D Member Since: Nov 20, 2019
19 of 40
Hi Camilla,
Did you issue your Payoneer card in $ or €? I leave in Greece and we use € but I get paid in $ with Payoneer. So not sure what is best to do issue a card in $ or €...which option would have less costs at your opinion?
shackie
Shackie A Member Since: May 9, 2019
20 of 40

Sorry, Local Funds Transfer to this bank is not available

There was an old topic about this, thought a maybe a new one was needed to raise the issue...

On that thread it was meantioned that: it was Revolut error when it is not accepted by Upwork?

Working on other sites but not here...

It is unfortunate not to work on this site as there are some interesting jobs, but one wants to be sure to get paid as well...

**Edited for community guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS