🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does Upwork charges a client refund after bei...
Page options
jeremiahblessing
Community Member

Does Upwork charges a client refund after being fully refunded?

I had a client with 100$ fixed price. He deposited in the escrow the whole 100$ and we started the milestone. Once we started I found out I might not be able to completely satisfy the client. So, I ended the contract with "Unable to meet the project requirements" feedback(Note - He didn't approve any milestones or anything).

But my client is telling me he has been charged some amount and filing a dispute. I don't understand this.

Do the client is charged anything even if I have cancelled the contract without himself paying(or approving a milestone) anything to me (as a service charge or anything)?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Jeremiah,

Yes, your client's card is charged to fund your escrow payment for a milestone and the same is refunded back to the client when a contract is cancelled without releasing any milestone payment. It may about 5 days for the refund to reflect on their card.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hello Jeremiah,

Yes, your client's card is charged to fund your escrow payment for a milestone and the same is refunded back to the client when a contract is cancelled without releasing any milestone payment. It may about 5 days for the refund to reflect on their card.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members