🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Does Upwork have to add limitation to avo...
Page options
ritadelr
Community Member

Does Upwork have to add limitation to avoid cheap clients?

Hello everyone,

Lately, I noticed the increase of job postings costing $5, $10, $20 in the graphic design category which led to me thinking: Shouldn't Upwork put limitations for certain contracts or for everything, which means to stop clients from posting jobs with such budgets, especially those who require an "expert level" logo designer for $5? I feel like that would be a win-win situation for freelancers on the platform and the platform itself. Feel free to share your opinion.

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ghita,

Sorry to hear you're not seeing the value you expect in your job feed. There is a minimum of $5 budget for fixed-price jobs for all jobs and I'm not aware of any plans to establish different minimums for different categories and experience levels. 

As those projects may be of interest to other freelancers, please use filters while searching in order to exclude the ones that you’re not interested in. Keep in mind that 33% of jobs on Upwork are posted privately–clients fill these by searching for the key skills they need and invite freelancers who fit the bill to submit a proposal. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
korvin_pride
Community Member

Hi Ghita

I agree with you. I had the same thoughts before but my creative imagination cannot give me an answer how this should work. Often employers underestimate the price to get a high-quality and cheap result. Sometimes freelancers are willing to work for $ 5 and they break bets to experienced artists. I also don’t understand that.

Somewhere I saw a system that freelancers can report about too low cost of projects. The client receives a notification and then those rules can be changed or can be closed by moderators.
Long time ago I saw the abuse of low-paying projects to increase the ranking of freelancers. But now the criteria for scoring have changed and this has become meaningless.

What would you suggest in this situation? in addition to systematic price regulation

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members