🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Does Upwork sets priority to the proposal...
Page options
b53d7d08
Community Member

Does Upwork sets priority to the proposals sent

Hi Team,

I have been here for the past 3 months. I had subscribed to Freelancer Plus membership for the first two months and now I removed the subscription. Now I'm on a basic membership plan.

My question is will Upwork bias freelancers based on the membership plan? This is because I have applied to so many job posts and I do not find a positive response from the client. Initial days, it was amateur writing, but I have definitely improved over time. I write appropriate proposals with the approach, time needed to achieve the task, my previous work(none from Upwork :(), and suggestions if any. I also provide partial completion of the tasks in the proposal. But I do not get a positive response. It's quite disappointing.

Recently, I applied for a job post. I did modifications to exactly what was required by the client. I wrote a script and I sent a piece of the script as well to let them know that the task is almost complete. There were hardly 15 proposals for that task. But unfortunately, the client waited for another day, and now the proposals were 50+ and hired someone else.

Does it have anything to do with the membership plan? Does Upwork show basic freelancers at the end of the list or it doesn't show the proposal itself? I know, it would show the proposal. Maybe it gets it to the end of the list or something so that the clients will not see it at the first sight?

It is difficult for the entry-level freelancer to get going.

Best Regards.

Deepak

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Deepak wrote:

Does it have anything to do with the membership plan? Does Upwork show basic freelancers at the end of the list or it doesn't show the proposal itself?

No,it doesn't have anything to do with the plan. Your proposals are whown in the same place whether you have the basic or the Plus plan.. 

You need to work on your profile. It's quite unprofessional to greet clients with "Hello Buddies". Those people aren't your buddies, they are clients. The same goes for telling a client to "keep smiling" in feedback. If your proposals are similar, that is probably at least partially responsible. It's fine to be somewhat informal, but "buddies" is several steps too far.

I also provide partial completion of the tasks in the proposal.

Recently, I applied for a job post. I did modifications to exactly what was required by the client. I wrote a script and I sent a piece of the script as well to let them know that the task is almost complete.

Don't do that. Again, it is not a professional thing to do and it teaches clients to expect free work, which they are not allowed to ask for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Deepak,

I understand that it can be frustrating not to win jobs. Please know that freelancers show up in search results depending on the relevance of what the client is looking for. This can vary to allow every freelancer to be discovered. The stand out from the competition, it is important that you make sure that you write proposals that stand out. I'd like to recommend that you please read the helpful tips compiled in the resources here

~ Joanne
Upwork
b53d7d08
Community Member

Thank you very much for the reply, Joanne. I appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Deepak

petra_r
Community Member

Deepak wrote:

Does it have anything to do with the membership plan? Does Upwork show basic freelancers at the end of the list or it doesn't show the proposal itself?

No,it doesn't have anything to do with the plan. Your proposals are whown in the same place whether you have the basic or the Plus plan.. 

You need to work on your profile. It's quite unprofessional to greet clients with "Hello Buddies". Those people aren't your buddies, they are clients. The same goes for telling a client to "keep smiling" in feedback. If your proposals are similar, that is probably at least partially responsible. It's fine to be somewhat informal, but "buddies" is several steps too far.

I also provide partial completion of the tasks in the proposal.

Recently, I applied for a job post. I did modifications to exactly what was required by the client. I wrote a script and I sent a piece of the script as well to let them know that the task is almost complete.

Don't do that. Again, it is not a professional thing to do and it teaches clients to expect free work, which they are not allowed to ask for.

b53d7d08
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Now I understand the problem. My profile needs a change. I will have to work on that. And for the feedback, I actually thought it would go to her alone and not all. There is another feedback that was intended for the public. But it just got the other way round. 

However, I'll keep these things in mind.

I highly appreciate the time you have taken in reading my profile and providing feedback. That helps us grow. 

Thank you very much!!

Best Regards,

Deepak

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths