Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Upwork support academic cheating?

Ace Contributor
Betsy W. J Member Since: Nov 10, 2016
11 of 21

Crickets.

Why have no moderators jumped into the conversation with strong evidence that Upwork is doing everything it possibly can to flag and remove academic cheating posts?

In the meantime, I continue to encounter posts that baldly ask for help with assignments. The client who posted the attached job has two additional jobs open for the same class. Apparently he is outsourcing all of his assignments. Is this really what Upwork wants to promote? What its corporate ethos is?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 21

Hi Betsy, 

Please know that our team will not be able to share the methods and actions that they take against violators of academic integrity comply with our privacy policy. 

Please send me the link to the job post that you have noted on your post through a private message so that I can follow up on your report. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
13 of 21

Whatever Upwork is "doing" isn't working.

It does not appear to flag phrases such as "assignment that needs to be written."

And it does not present pop-ups to students to make them sign off that they're not cheating. 

Here's the latest. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 21

Betsy, 

I was unable to find the job posts that you have noted on your most recent post. It is very likely that the job posts still show on your end because you have a direct link to them, even if the team has actioned on it already.  If this is the case, you will not be able to access the job posts once you clear your cache/cookies.

I tried mixing the keywords for the jobs posts, but I didn't come up with any search results. If you still have the job post links, you can send them to me through a private message so that I can follow up on your report. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
15 of 21

Until they take this problem seriously, Upwork will continue to say they have a process in place for dealing with academic fraud. Repeated complaints from those of us in the field that the process is inadequate will continue to fall on deaf ears, unless and until Upwork is somehow held legally liable for facilitating such fraud.

Ace Contributor
16 of 21

Michael, I agree.

In the meantime, another post. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ace Contributor
17 of 21

...from a client who apparently asks for academic cheating often. See attached.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 21

Hi Betsy,

Could you please reach out to me via PM and send me the job posting URL you`re referring to? Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
19 of 21

Moderators, what are the "community guidelines" I am violating when I post screen shots of job posts that anyone here could see for himself or herself? Are you simply embarrassed that there are so many requests for academic cheating available for posting?

Ace Contributor
20 of 21

The latest request for academic cheating, this one a bald request for correction of homework. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS