🐈 Community
archdepart1

Does Upwork verify the freelancer payment (get paid) methods?

Hi all,

Does Upwork verify the freelancer payment (get paid) method, for example Paypal method?

In some other freelance sites, when adding a new Paypal account, the site automatically redirects the user to Paypal site where the user should login by a verified Paypal account, the process that seems does not happen in Upwork. So, does Upwork really check and verify the existence and validation of the Paypal account?

What happens during the 3 days required for activating the payment method?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10

umm profile check

image aisle 5

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
archdepart1

What means that "Get Paid button becomes active"?!

The "Get Paid" button on the left sidebar is always active (can be clicked) even no payment method has been added yet!

Do you mean that an "active" word will be added before or after the payment method when verified?

I see a verification email in your future as your profile pic is not you. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
lysis10

umm profile check

image aisle 5

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Archeman,

When adding a PayPal account as a payment method freelancers are redirected to PayPal and need to log into their account. Until a valid account is activated and there are available earnings for withdrawals, the "Get Paid" button will be greyed:

Screenshot_19.png

Please, note that when agreeing to Upwork ToS, you agreed to provide only accurate information about your identity, skills and experience on your profile. The team will follow up with you with more details.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I've confused!

I'm new to Upwork and have no contract and no earning yet, but:

1- The "Get Paid" button on the left sidebar is gray like other ones, but it can be clicked for adding or editing the payment methods!

2- I added a Paypal account (email) and no redirection was happened, only it took 3 days to be activated without any intraction with me!

So, where did I go wrong?!

@Archeman P wrote:

So, where did I go wrong?!

The fake profile, maybe?

petra_r

@Archeman P wrote:

Hi all,

Does Upwork verify the freelancer payment (get paid) method, for example Paypal method?

They will certainly check if your profile is reflecting your true legal name, address, photo etc....

Given a recent long-standing Freelancer just got bounced for his fake profile photo and....

sam-sly

Looking for a career change since Entourage is off the air?

Learning Paths