🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Does Upwork vet clients, or is it better ...
Page options
evdd
Community Member

Does Upwork vet clients, or is it better for business they don't?

Can I get credits back from a project I submitted for and wound up being a fake client? Upwork later confirmed and thanked me for flagging the post. I had contact with the stolen identity and the actual person being portrayed and the situation makes me think Upwork doesn't vet clients and are incentivized to have fake clients so freelancers will spend time and money on Upwork.

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Justin S wrote:

Can I get credits back from a project I submitted for and wound up being a fake client? Upwork later confirmed and thanked me for flagging the post. I had contact with the stolen identity and the actual person being portrayed and the situation makes me think Upwork doesn't vet clients and are incentivized to have fake clients so freelancers will spend time and money on Upwork.

If a project has been removed because of a terms of service violation, everyone who bid on the project will get their connects back. It's true that Upwork doesn't vet clients - we're supposed to be running our own businesses and vet clients ourselves - but there's no incentive for Upwork to intentionally allow fake clients because if we don't get paid, then neither does Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths