🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does a job that I don't make money affect my ...
Page options
kirnazdogan
Community Member

Does a job that I don't make money affect my job success score?

I've only signed four contracts so far. I finished three of them with 100% success. In the other one, I didn't agree with the customer and I gave him a full refund. You know, some customers don't know exactly what they want.

I want to ask,
Does a job that I give a full refund, so I don't make any money for, and that doesn't even appear in my profile, affect my job success score?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here are some questions and answers that may be of interest to the original poster:

Q: A client gave me "bad" feedback: 4.2 star average. Will that hurt my JSS?

A: Probably not. That is not "bad" feedback. That is a good score. That is a perfect or nearly-perfect score in every one of the 6 categories that clients rate you on.

Q: I gave a 100% refund to a client on a project in order to get rid of a less-than-perfect start feedback score. Will that hurt my JSS?

A: Yes, it probably will. This means you had a contract, but ended up earning no money from it. I often refer to this as a "zero-pay contract." Such contracts hurt JSS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
moonraker
Community Member

Yes, sorry! 

Here are some questions and answers that may be of interest to the original poster:

A: Probably not. That is not "bad" feedback. That is a good score. That is a perfect or nearly-perfect score in every one of the 6 categories that clients rate you on.

Q: I gave a 100% refund to a client on a project in order to get rid of a less-than-perfect start feedback score. Will that hurt my JSS?

A: Yes, it probably will. This means you had a contract, but ended up earning no money from it. I often refer to this as a "zero-pay contract." Such contracts hurt JSS.

Preston H wrote:

Where did he ask about a 4.2 feedback? He didn't ask about it, he didn't mention it, and he doesn't have a 4.2 feedback.

And in most cases, on Upwork a 4.2 would negatively affect the JSS and you know that perfectly well. Why pretend otherwise? What is the point of knowingly, deliberately, giving a wrong answer to a question that wasn't asked?

I got my answer, thanks. But I still think it's not fair. Human relations are complex and contradictory. We cannot always agree with everyone. Moreover, although we spend our most valuable thing, our time, and we do not expect a fee. But we still suffer from it.

Dogan K wrote:

But I still think it's not fair. 

Maybe you're right, and maybe you're not. 

Either way, it is what it is and is not going to change any time soon. The best approach is to learn from it and do what you can to prevent it from happening again. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members