cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a refund mean feedback disappears ?

Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 6
Hi, odes anyone know if feedback goes away after a refund ? I worked really hard for a (rude and seemingly mentally ill) client and got mediocre feedback in return. I asked her politely to change it, but she's given the same feedback. I've given her a refund to get rid of her completely, but I don't know if this will erase her comments.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
2 of 6
I don't see the job on your profile.
3 of 6
It's the four star one. If one of the other clients had given me four stars I'd have accepted it philosophically. However, because I felt sorry for this woman (She seemed to believe priests marry church buildings and her English was some of the worst I've seen in my career) I rewrote her terrible theological paper from scratch, spending 8 hours on it in the process. She even had the audacity to send it back to me again for further revision. Once she got it back she then cancelled the contract without saying thank you. The following day she then put the paper I'd rewritten for her on odesk advertising for a native-speaker to rewrite it! I'm competent rather than brilliant, and I certainly deserve 4 stars from some of the clients who gave me 5, but I'm convinced she's doing it to wind me up now, and it's obvious someone with 5 stars would rather have no feedback than have their perfect score permanently lowered.
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
4 of 6
i don't see any completed jobs with 4 stars either.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
5 of 6
Refunding removes the feedback. It is as if the job never happened.
6 of 6
Yes, refunding did it, I got a long letter of complaint from the client saying that she could never give 5 for a writing job since writing is subjective (I'm paraphrasing from Chinglish) which is nonsense, it's about the level of service rather than being graded on ability. It really is best just to give a refund, I've had more responses in 1 day than I've had in the previous month.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS